Know Thyself, Or Don't.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Who are YOU? The quest for "Self"

In a conversation I had recently, it was said that "self" is non-existent. Self is an allusion, and is only a function of what one honours as ones self. The only self is the self you consider yourself to be. So therefore yourself can be defined by "your word". "Your word" is yourself.

Well, in an attempt to playfully "mix it up" a little, I ask you to consider the following:

My "self" is the fruit of my will. Through my will I give/create my word. Through my will I give my love, I give myself. Through my "will" I define myself. Will comes first, NOT word. You cannot give "your word" unless you first will it. Your "word" is simply one of a number manifestations of your will. Therefore, my "self" is the fruit of my will.

To deny your "will" as being your "self", you are in fact denying the existence of a soul. You are in effect suggesting that you are merely an organic machine that defines and creates EVERYTHING in your existence through your word. (and that you are the starting point of everything in your life)

Here is the clincher, where does your "will" come from that led you to give your "word" in the first place. You are an organic robot. That I can go along with. But your "will" is NOT organic.

Well you know what I think! Your self/soul came from somewhere other than your "word" as your "word" at best, came second.

I leave you with some things to consider:

Who loves your soul? Who gave you your soul? Who stands to gain from you believing your soul is non-existent? Who stands to gain from the vilification of morality, which was designed to protect our souls?

Further food for thought, just because we can't quantify or measure, or see under a microscope, our soul; does that mean it doesn't exist? Please consider, mans fear of things he cannot understand, causes him to create all kinds of "stories". If you believe that when you die, it is all over. Let me ask you, where did your soul come from? What made you "will" all those things you willed in your life. It certainly wasn't your "word". You are an organic robot, but you have spent a lifetime "willing" stuff into existence in your life. Why? What (or who) made you (the organic robot) even ABLE to do these things.

Your soul came from something, and whether you believe in a bang or goo that evolved, sooner or later you have to consider that your soul (which is NOT organic) could not have just evolved. It came from somewhere!

Please, let us reason together.


Love Always,

The WebGodFather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home